Thin Client Computing
Thin Client computing is the use of powerful datacenter focused strategy accessed by simpler, more energy efficient desktop or mobile appliances, instead of a traditional PC.
Thin Client equipment is a simple lightweight hardware with no OS or any software installed, but when turned on does load like a full blown computer, also most commonly known as the Virtual desktop technology.
- Most affordable solution with initial cost investment.
- Initial Deployment is pretty simple
- Plug and play
- NO need for any hardware maintenance, hardware upgrade
- Break-fix simply involves swapping the unit
- Life span of more than 5 yrs
- No individual software configuration
- No OS management for critical patches
- Centralized File management
- Data Security
- No OS crash problems
- Centralized Virus scanning, Spyware protection management
- NO Full time IT staff needs
- Centralized control / Easy Manageability / Overall Cost effective
- Energy cost saving- Will reduce energy consumption by 70 to 90%
- Dramatically improves security and manageability
- Most effective GREEN technology
- HIPAA and Sarbas - Oxley Compliant
- Hot Desking feature